Dr. Di Biase is the Senior Researcher at Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute. His mission at TCAI is to improve care for patients. He believes that patient care is enhanced through dedicated clinical practice associated with cutting-edge clinical research.
Dr. Di Biase’s research focuses on cardiology and electrophysiology, with a specific emphasis on catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation and ventricular arrhythmias performed either manually or with robotic catheter navigation. He also focuses on treating heart failure especially with cardiac resynchronization therapy devices.
Dr. Di Biase is a 2000 graduate (Summa Cum Laude) of the Medical School at the University of Bari, in Italy. In 2004, he completed a four-year residency program in Cardiology (Summa Cum Laude) at the University of Bari Medical School. In 2006, Dr. Di Biase completed a II Level Master certification in Electrophysiology and Pacing (Summa cum Laude) at the University of Insubria at Varese and Brescia, Italy.
In 2007, Dr. Di Biase received a grant from the Italian National Society of Cardiology to pursue a research fellowship under the supervision of Dr. Andrea Natale at the Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at the Cleveland Clinic, in Cleveland, Ohio. The following year, Dr. Di Biase accepted a position in Cardiac Electrophysiology at the University of Texas Medical School Branch at Galveston, Texas, where he continued to focus on his research projects under the leadership of Dr. Natale, who had joined Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David's Medical Center. In 2009, Dr. Di Biase became an Adjunct Professor at The University of Texas in Austin.
Dr. Di Biase is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Foggia, Italy, and in 2010 completed his PhD in Cardiovascular Physiopathology at the University of Foggia.
- Italian Society of Cardiology Award (December 2006). Grant for a Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- ACC 08 (57th Annual Scientific Session) Best Poster Award Competition, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- ESC 2008 State of the Art Featured Research, abstract Session, Munich, Germany.
- Best International publication in 2008 as first author for a manuscript published in a journal with high impact factor - Italian Society Cardiology (SIC). Di Biase L. et. al., "Antiarrhythmic effect of reverse ventricular remodeling induced by cardiac resynchronization therapy: the InSync ICD (Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator)," Italian Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;52(18):1442-9.
- Young Investigator Award - Italian Society of Cardiology (SIC) December 2009, Rome, Italy.
- Young Investigator Award - University of Kansas, July 2010.
- Best Paper Award - CardioRhythm, Hong Kong, 2011.
- Italian Federation of Cardiology and Electrophysiology (FIC-AIAC)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
- American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS)
- Author of 85 publications in indexed journals, 180 abstracts, and eight electrophysiology book chapters.
- Presenter at National and International Conferences (invited speaker).